Now you can Instantly Chat with Douglas!
I have 20+ years experience as a full-stack devloper and architect. For the past 5 years I have focused on the Saleforce platform primarily in an architect and development lead.
I hold the following Salesforce certifications:
Data & Analytics
Salesforce Architect for AppExchange Partner
Served as Salesforce architect and development lead for a Salesforce ISV partner developing AppExchange packages extending Salesforce Health Cloud utilizing REST api services to integrate with proprietary A.I. health analytics.
- Led three development teams with a combination of onshore, offshore, and partner members.
- Updated architecture of the company’s legacy AppExchange package to implement best practices and security.
- Successfully launched a new AppExchange package.
- Implemented coding standards and enforcement of best practices, leading to three straight on-time successful releases.
- Converted projects to utilize Salesforce DX and continuous integration and deployment.
Salesforce Lead Developer/Architect
Served as lead Salesforce Analyst, Architect, Developer, and Administrator supporting 300+ Sales Cloud users, 200+ Service Cloud users, and 100+ Partner Community Cloud users. Developed strategic intermediate and long term roadmaps for improving Salesforce usability and adoption.
- Split existing Salesforce org to enable company spin-off. This entailed a massive data migration and code updates to ensure proper corporate data security and privacy.
- Massive refactoring of inherited org to bring in line with Salesforce best practices and eliminated unneeded customizations to allow for more efficient changes as needed.
- Converted Sales and Community cloud implementations to Lightning Experience in a very aggressive 3 month project which also included major changes to the sales process.
- Expanded Salesforce usage globally, adding users in 9 Pacific Rim countries. Including native language support and region specific sales processes.
- Created integrations with numerous internal and external systems and vendors.
Programmer Analyst/SQL Server Developer
Designed and coded custom web-based applications to enable cross-group internal processes. Responsible for database design and coding for the internal tools team.
- Converted multiple legacy MySQL databases into a single set of normalized relational SQL Server DB schemas. Brought designs in line with established design standards.
- Designed multiple SQL Server Schemas. Wrote stored procedures, triggers, and functions using T-SQL.
- Did SQL tuning by creating indexes and clustering data to improve performance.
- Designed custom MVC PHP back-end framework, and redesigned front-end user interface using ExtJS.
- Designed and implemented asset management solution to track and audit all IT assets across over 700 PA court locations statewide. Required merging multiple sets of data from several systems into an editable set of user data, linking to several 3 rd party read-only data sources. Also, providing an upstream data via reports and exports for state financial auditors.
- Designed and implemented IP Address Management application to assist the networking team manage subnets and IP addresses. The application communicates with layer 3 switching devices via SNMP and gathers relevant information to present to the networking team via reports. Also included workflow for end users to request static IP reservations with an approval process.
- Led design of new Identity Management application that compares and validates user accounts and data across multiple systems. Integrates multiple data sources, with rules to weight each source for inclusion in the working data set.
- Served as system administrator for WAMP (Windows, Apache, MySQL, PHP) and later WASP (Windows, Apache, SQL Server, PHP) application and web development servers.
ToolsEclipse visual studio
Systems Analyst/MySQL DBA & Developer
Led development of a system to process custom mailings for major health insurance and services provider. ●Managed all in house servers. RedHat Enterprise Linux, Apache, PHP, Perl, Memcached, Clustered MySQL with off-site replication. ●Redesigned MySQL schemas to greatly enhance performance and data integrity.
- Analyzed query performance to tune indexing and data partitioning. Also analyzed queries to help resolve locking issues and reduce deadlock conditions.
- Worked on physical data partitioning to significantly increase I/O performance.
- Redesigned ETL system workflow and code to speed up processing throughput by more than 1,000%.
- Designed more robust error checking and data validation methods. Created a method to enforce custom business rules dynamically instead hard-coded rules. Enabled data errors to be caught and corrected within minutes rather than days.
- Designed process to use USPS and 3 rd party GIS data to validate address information and provide location targeted information.
- Added near real-time online proofing and auditing of documents using Perl, PHP, SOAP, and XMPie.
- Integrated extensive auditing (bar coding) and reporting into the entire process workflow.
- Redesigned database architecture allowing a previously single user platform to be marketed to new customers.
SkillsPHP Perl MySQL Administration MySQL Programming MySQL Clustering MySQL Workbench SOAP Database Administrator JQuery MySQL Linux
ToolsEclipse Adobe InDesign