Now you can Instantly Chat with Caleb!
Data and service oriented lead developer/architect with over 23 years of hands-on experience developing n-tiered web applications and REST services primarily in Java. Strong in data manipulation using language-independent, object-oriented design...
I lead small to medium sized teams to design and implement effective microservices architectures using Spring Boot/Cloud technologies in a CI/CD development environment.
⠀⠀➣ Java (core, backend services, Spring)
⠀⠀➣ REST Services built with Microservices architecture (Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud,
⠀⠀⠀⠀HashiCorp Tools, Eureka, Jersey, Swagger)
⠀⠀➣ Backend frameworks/tools (Spring, Google Guice, Mockito, JBehave, Chef)
⠀⠀➣ Database manipulation (Oracle SQL and PL-SQL, MySQL, Informatica PowerCenter)
⠀⠀➣ Development tools (Eclipse, JIRA, Maven, Git, Subversion, Jenkins)
Data & Analytics
Java Technical Lead / CareCentrix
Architected and led 6-member Services Team that created authorization request portal Single Page Application (SPA) with stateless Spring Boot / Cloud-based services architecture accessed via SSO and other SAML connections.
- Encouraged strong, high-quality code following microservices patterns by strategically leading regular technical discussions and development coordination exercises with 6-member team.
- Setup 2 - 4 servers for each environment (development through production) including all configuration to communicate to external security provider and other CareCentrix services.
- Performed extensive code reviews and established standards (extensively documented in Confluence) for development team through collaboration and open ideas approach leading to 50%+ reduction of comments.
- Enforced source code quality through near-perfect code coverage and utilization of SonarQube, Checkmarx, and Nexus IQ to guarantee secure, clean code across team of 6.
- Migrated 7 IT teams from subversion and file-system-based source control to Git (Bitbucket) including Java, Microsoft Visual Basic, Windows / Linux scripting, COBOL and other source code types and development environments.
- Ensured 6 teams at CareCentrix were well prepared during source control system transition by providing mentoring and acting as Git subject matter expert (SME).
Tools / Technologies: Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, HashiCorp Consul, HashiCorp Vault, SSO, SAML, JWT, Eclipse IDE, Oracle SQL, Swagger, Apache Maven, Git version control (Bitbucket), SonarQube, Checkmarx, Nexus IQ, Jenkins.Show More Show Less
SkillsJava (All Versions) Spring Framework SpringBoot HashiCorp Vault HashiCorp Consul SSO Framework Integration JSON Web Token - JWT Oracle Swagger UI Apache Maven Git REST RestFul Web Series
Senior Consultant / Cerner Inc.
Built key back-end services (Apache Thrift and Jersey REST) that facilitated retrieval and storage of physician order content from HBase database to iOS application. Wrote modularized code using Google Guice as injection framework and JBehave-based functional tests.
- Facilitated manipulation and organization of registration form and photo content in HBase and Oracle databases by creating media and document management back-end services (Apache Thrift and Jersey REST).
- Modified existing and wrote new functionality for iOS / Android applications to interact with ApplicationXtender document management tool via HTTP.
- Crafted key frameworks and implementations for features such as connection pooling, REST unit testing and caching.
- Devised and constructed functional / integration test framework using JBehave supporting REST and non-REST services including automated prerequisite retrieval and creation.
- Contributed to rewrite of large number of centralized services to client-local REST services using FHIR-compatible endpoints by strategically leading team of 6 consultants as part of larger consulting initiative working across Cerner.
Tools / Technologies: Java, Scala, Ruby / Rails, Eclipse IDE, Apache Thrift, Apache HBase (Hadoop Big Data store), Oracle SQL, Google Guice, Mockito, JBehave, Jersey, Swagger, FHIR, Apache Maven, Subversion (SVN) and Git version control.Show More Show Less
SkillsJava (All Versions) Scala Apache Thrift HBase Oracle Google Guice Mockito JBehave Jersey Restful API Swagger UI Apache Maven Apache Subversion (SVN) Git REST RestFul Web Series Rest API
Chief Technology Officer / Solutionize Inc.
Upgraded Solutionize web application from J2EE (1.4) to Java EE (6) while rewriting core structure for current and future business needs by architecting and constructing 12 major enhancements to Solutionize web application, including redesigning user interfaces, mobile support, engagement records and custom-built URL-shortening service.
- Enhanced team’s technical understanding by mentoring and providing technical challenges to 2 junior developers.
- Setup and configured 3 server environments and maintained regular support services.
- Created and enhanced new user interface and implementation back-end to support HTML 5 as replacement to Java applet.
- Secured code and prevented loss of changes by establishing external source control system (SVN).
- Reduced database interaction leading to 5-fold speed increase by migrating from Oracle to MySQL.
- Promoted sales objectives and improved scalability and maintenance by rearchitecting and converting Solutionize web application from Perl to J2EE.
Technology Consultant / AXA Financial
- Led team of 4 that rewrote Compliance Online suite (Agent Compliance Profile, Complaint Tracking System, Replacement Monitoring System, Outside Securities Tracking, and Compliance Advertising) as J2EE applications.
- Directed development of web-based Agent Compliance Profile, Complaint Tracking System and Consolidated Statement Administration NetDynamics applications.
Tools / Technologies: NetDynamics on Solaris 2.6, BEA WebLogic J2EE Application Server on Solaris and Windows, Cognos Impromptu Web, iPlanet Web Server, Informatica PowerMart 6.1, Unix Scripts (KSH), XML, Internet Information Services Web Server.Show More Show Less