Now you can Instantly Chat with Binu!
- Technically competent IT Professional offering a gratifying career span primarily in the areas of end-to-end Software Applications Development, Testing and Implementation of various enterprise applications on various platforms & Technologie...
- More than 10 years of working experience in the Telecom Industry with big enterprises like Verizon, GTE, MCI, Ericsson and Nortel Networks
- Thorough experience in various operating systems and environments including different flavors of UNIX/Linux, Open VMS and Windows; embedded systems and hardware devices, excellent programming skills in C/C++/Java/J2EE, Developing modules within existing framework, expertise in major Relational Database Systems (Oracle, Sybase, Informix, MSSQL, MySQL & Postgres), OLTP Systems and domain exposure to Telecom and Manufacturing.
- Experienced in statistical, mathematical and predictive modelling: Regressions, Time series, Decision trees, Discriminant analysis, Logistic Regressions, Bayesian Classifiers
- Deep understanding of Operating System concepts like IPC, Sockets, multi-processing, scheduling, multi-threading, parallel programmingusing MPI and Distributed computing.
- Excellent knowledge of SDLC, CMM, Project Management Methodologies and exposure to various development methodologies including Traditional, Agile &Scrum.
- Exposure to International business culture thereby having the ability to work in highly diverse environments with people from varied backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability in grasping new concepts - both Technical & Business; Exceptional ability to adapt to latest technologies, perseverant, innovative and organized.
- Have excellent analytical, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to interact with individuals at all levels and can work as a part of a team as well as independently.
- Designed and Developed C++/MFC modules to implement Custom enhancements for the IRIS Retail POS System.
- Developed C++/MFC/C# modules to implement the company’s loyalty program using “Level-Up” scanners. The module interacts with a custom optical scanner and makes web service API calls over internet to process and register customer loyalty transactions.
- Designed and Developed programs to integrate VeriFone MX925 Credit card reader. The device Verifone MX925 runs on embedded Linux with touch sensitive GUI screens.
- Implemented a socket client using .NET technology with thread to interact with VeriFone MX925& VX820. The designed system can communicate with the GUI and remote validation server and can display the status of the device.
- Analyzed the existing Steak ‘N Shake’s POS suite of applications to identify the root cause of issues faced in productions systems (600+ stores) and recommended a strategy to migrate existing POS suite using modern Technologies
- Performed the role of a Technical Architect and migrated a massive code base of 5 million lines and 400+ binaries developed using various different technologies (C++, C#.NET and Java) into Visual Studio 2008 running in Windows 7.
- Recommended a TFS based framework to develop, maintain, test and deploy the existing POS suite having 5 million lines of code
- Prototyped many hardware interfaces like credit card swiping machines, coupon scanners, loyalty card scanners etc. using C# applicationon .NET platform and integrated them with C++ POS suite.
- Worked independently as a backend programmer and developed software for Ericsson’s EVAS system which is a near real time dashboard for monitoring Cellular networks deployed with CDMA technology.
- EVAS (Ericsson Visualization and Analysis System) is a tool for Analyzing KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) of Ericsson (Nortel Networks) implemented wireless networks (1xRTT, EVDO & EEGS).
- I was responsible for developing the below listed modules of the Project:
- Interaction with customer facing Ericsson engineers to gather requirements and translate them to software specifications.
- Developed C++ and Java programs and Korn Shell Scripts to parse binary and ASCII Data Files. In order toparse large data volumes, deployed multi-processing techniques to process the data in parallel taking advantage of multiple cores of the backend RHEL servers.
- Development of Mediation layer. As part of this module, I developed Scripts and Programs to transfer streaming raw data (Binary and Text) files from remotely located Customer servers into the staging and production servers.
- Development of Stored Procedures to compute ‘Delta’ values and KPIs from PM data (Performance Measurements)
- Development of Server Side PHP Scripts to retrieve data from DB and transform it into to HTML or XML format to cater to the Front-end (GUI Application Layer) requests.
- Development ofparsing modules and Database layer to process and store raw CM (Configuration Management) and raw FM (Fault Management) data files.
- Installation of and Configuration of GreenPlum and Postgres Database on Multi-Core RHEL
- Design and development of RDBMS modules on GreenPlum & Postgres to store the very large data volumes.
- Partitioning the database on multiple segments to allow Massive Parallel Processing
- Development of tools to perform various testing activities (like Stress and Load Testing) on the developed application
- Team Lead and Single Point of Contact for VDSI AAIS System - AAIS is Verizon’s Narrowband services provisioning software.
- Implemented several enhancements in C++ and Java based on Customer Requirement Specifications.
- Coordinated activities between Offshore and Onsite team and managed Technical requirement walkthroughs with the Business/Customer.
- Implemented Secure Software Validation System that provides security enhancements to Instant Games—OLTP gaming software.
- Designed, developed and implemented a new product - Probability Games using C and Sybase Open Client/Open Server libraries.
- Designed network interface for Probability Games (Open VMS) with standalone DEC UNIX system for implementing 3DES encryption/decryption.
- Designed and developed a module to send messages in binary format between two different systems communicating over a socket connection. The module encrypts and encodesbinary data and extracts information after decrypting and decoding.