Now you can Instantly Chat with Mayowa!
I am a Software Engineer with over 3 years of experience working in E-commerce, FinTech, and Blockchain industries. I have experience using the following technologies:
Programming Languages: Node.js, Java...
Back End Tools: Express, Spring, RESTfull APIs with HATEOS, SOA and Microservices, Docker and Kubernetes, Maven for CI/CD, Jest and JUnit for TDD.
Data Stores: MySql, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis.
I worked in the e-commerce retail industry for over 2 years with the biggest e-commerce retail platform (https://jumia.com.ng/) where I worked remotely with the tools and automation team, building tools that automate order validation, affiliate management, invoicing and payment processes. My target was to ensure that my non-technical/administrative teammates can focus on the costumers and increase revenue by providing them with tools which made their work faster. I achieved this target by building 2 Order Validation Services (Jumia Food and Jumia Mall), 1 Payment Portal web application to manage and automate the payment process of platform affiliates, and 1 Affiliate Portal web application which enables both users and platform affiliates to manage their platform activities. These tools increased the productivity of my teammate by 70%, enabling them to focus on managing customers expectations, and revenues generated from my team increased by 40%.
In the Blockchain and Fintech Space, I have worked with a top Fintech company (https://www.interswitchgroup.com/) and a cryptocurrency exchange startup (https://buycoins.africa/). I worked in the capacity of a researcher and a Software Engineer in both firms. As a researcher, I research, design and develop innovative ways in which Blockchain technology can be applied to Digital Payments. As a Software Engineer, I was responsible for building applications that use Blockchain Technologies to power digital payments. While working in this space, I have built 3 blockchain-powered applications - Pan African Payment Ledger, Ethereum Bridge, and a Stable Coin called NGNT (https://ngnt.org/).
I am very passionate about computing in general. My interests include distributed systems, data engineering, artificial intelligence, etc. Currently, I am particularly interested in working with distributed systems and building highly scalable applications powered by data.Show More
Jumia Food Order Validation Tool
A service that validates Jumia Food orders placed through Jumia affiliates for fraud orders, invalid orders, and orders with incorrect order details.
- Coordinated with the Team Lead to design the architecture for Jumia Food Order Validation Tool which validates Affiliate orders placed on Jumia Food.
- Designed the data warehouse schema and developed data pipelines for the Jumia Order Validation Tool to verify orders placed on the Jumia e-commerce website for fraud, overpayments, commissions using Java.
Jumia Travel Order Validation Tool
A service that validates Jumia Travel orders placed through Jumia affiliates for fraud orders, invalid orders, and orders with incorrect order details.
- Coordinated with the Team Lead to design the architecture for Jumia Travel Order Validation Tool which validates Affiliate orders placed on Jumia Travel.
- Designed the data warehouse schema and developed data pipelines for the Jumia Travel Order Validation Tool to verify orders placed on the Jumia e-commerce website for fraud, overpayments, commissions using Python.
- Built API wrappers to Integrate with third-party APIs which provide order aggregations.Show More Show Less
Jumia Payment Portal
A web application that provides a portal that automates payments, generate invoices, aggregate payment data and provide visualization for payment information.
- Responsible for designing and building a Payment Portal web application to manage the payment processing of Jumia Affiliates such as commission aggregation, fraud detection, invoice generation, name inquiry, etc.
- Developed Payment Portal APIs to enable other internal services to integrate with the platform.
- Developed a payment processing engine to aggregate commissions, generate payment invoices and automate commission payment for all Jumia affiliates.
- Wrote unit tests to keep functionalities in check after code improvements have been made to code.Show More Show Less
Jumia Affiliate Portalhttps://affiliates.jumia.com/login
Jumia Affiliate Portal
A web application that provides Jumia Affiliates with all the information they need at their fingertips.
- Responsible for optimizing API services used by the Jumia Affiliate program, adding new features to, and rebuilding the Jumia Affiliates Platform for managing several Affiliate operations using services such as Performance Monitoring service, Advertising Services (Link Building and Banner Generation), and Reporting Services (Payment reports, Conversion reports, Commission reports).
- Developed a reporting engine to consume external Affiliate activities management API (CAKE) and provide reports on URL clicks, URL conversion rates, commission rates and payment details.
- Created charts and tables to integrate with the reporting engine API and render API
Pan Africa Payment Ledger (PAPLE)
A blockchain-powered platform that enables cross-currency transactions across West Africa.
- Participated in requirements gathering, requirements analysis, and system design with product owners and stakeholders.
- Developed a Cordapp Client API engine for the payment system which enables external services to interact with the payment flows via RPC.
- Coordinated with Team Lead to build a CI/CD pipeline to build, sign and deploy Corda application jars using Gradle on Azure DevOps and Azure Portal.
- Responsible for designing and writing smart contracts to verify payment flows using Kotlin and Corda Flow Framework.Show More Show Less
An API-driven service that interfaces between the ethereum blockchain and a cryptocurrency application.
- Coordinated with CTO on gathering the system requirements and system design for an Ethereum Bridge.
- Responsible for researching the design and implementation of Hierarchical Deterministic Wallets and Multi-Account Hierarchy for Deterministic wallets based on Bitcoin Improvement Proposals (BIP 32 & BIP 44).
- Responsible for designing models for HD Wallets and building an API engine for the Ethereum Bridge.
- Developed Bridge APIs to enable integrations with other internal applications, handle user transactions and Ethereum blockchain integration.Show More Show Less
NGNT(Stable Coin) Bridgehttp://ngnt.org
NGNT(Stable Coin) Bridge
An API-driven service that enables customers to purchase NGNT stable coins and interfaces between the blockchain and the cryptocurrency application.
- Coordinated with CTO on gathering the system requirements and system design for the NGNT Bridge.
- Developed Smart Contracts to manage the user transaction flow for buying and selling NGNT stable coins.
- Responsible for designing models for Wallets and building an API engine for the NGNT Bridge.
- Developed NGNT Bridge APIs to enable integrations with other internal applications, handle user transactions and Ethereum blockchain integration.Show More Show Less