Now you can Instantly Chat with Jamie!
My work experience includes 17+ years of Hardware Verification and Validation, another 18 years of embedded SW verification and validation inclusive of the design and the development of software test systems and tools utilized to automate the embe...
My Hardware experience includes an associate degree in electrical engineering technology, 17 years in the refurbishment of radar systems and the verification and validation of radar systems. My embedded software verification and validation experience includes automotive, medical and consumer industries. I have 11 total years of embedded software experience in the automotive industry, another 5 in the medical device industry, and 3 in consumer product industry. I also currently work part time teaching basic electronic courses at Ivy Tech as an Adjunct instructor.
As a Quality assurance manager, I have managed teams between 5 and 12 people. I have managed both onsite and off shore teams in the development of automated test systems, standard interfaces and data driven test procedures. I have mentored employees in test development cycle best practices utilizing standard templates, tools, and applications.
As an individual and as a team contributor, my goal is to build quality into the product during the development process through implementation and tracking of industry best practices utilizing Quality Assurance standard documentation, auditing, and management practices.
Toolsets that I have utilized for issue management/bug tracking, test management, validation management, configuration management and quality assurance has been directly connected with the standard toolset of the corporation that I was working.. However, the commonality has been regardless of the toolset utilized, configuration management, test management, validation management and bug tracking as well as incident management has been leveraged both my HW and SW validation/Quality assurance roles throughout my career.
The Product Platform Division of LHP was a start-up division to provide state of the art development and verification tools that facilitate embedded software development and verification.
Verification Application Consultant
- Created, designed and developed Tiered Hardware in the Loop (HiL) Test Environment Architecture.
- Created Quality documents and processes to support Verification and Validation efforts.
- Developed, wrote, illustrated, and presented HiL Training course.
- Lead team of engineers to meet Validation and Quality objectives of new product development projects
- Developed interns into full time employees through mentoring/training initiative
- Created Best Practices documentation and lead OJT on best practices
- Developed, integrated, and maintained HiL test systems
- Lead test developers (both on site and off site) in Test Asset development.
Created requirements and processes for test asset developmentShow More Show Less
Without previous insurance experience, in this position I learned the IT portion of the insurance business. My primary task was
to drive excellence into IT testing for the ICD-10 compliance project utilizing the existing SDLC processes and methodologies which included AGILE and Waterfall. In meeting these objectives, I completed the following tasks:
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams in the LEAN development and ICD-10 remediation. Facilitated QA and SIT test efforts across Humana Enterprise System within Agile and Waterfall SDLC.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive Impact Diagrams, program level ICD-10 Test Strategy, ICD-10 Enterprise Level Diagram, through extensive research and communications with remediating application leads, Business and IT managers & directors.
- Led test and verification activities through tool analysis for ICD-10 Business Manager for remediation efforts.
- Interacted directly with IT Test Leads, IT Architects, Program Managers, Business Leads, IT Program owners in defining the ICD-10 test strategy, test needs, and test direction.
QA Senior Test Engineer
As a QA Senior Test Engineer, I worked directly with the customers, to understand the customer’s needs. I ensured that the customer requirements were adequately captured into system requirements and thus measurable from a test viewpoint. I worked directly with software, electrical, Human Factor, and Quality engineers, as well as program managers and the customers to insure that the product met the intent of the specifications. Some of my day to day tasks included:
- Completed deliverables on time within the SDLC.
- Completed Technical Design Reviews of requirements
- Lead and completed verification of embedded systems software requirements by preparing QA deliverables which included test plans, test strategy, test scripts, table layouts, test to requirements traceability matrix, and test cases.
- Completed defect management utilizing Test Track Pro.
- Completed software/hardware verification and validation using emulators, oscilloscopes, DVM’s, simulators, protocol analyzers and software analysis tools during root cause analysis, timing analysis, signal analysis and inter-processor communications inclusive of consumer product position location identifier based upon WIFI.
- Collaborated with cross-functional teams in the LEAN development process inclusive of hardware and software development with respect to Verification and Validation.
ToolsVisual Studio Online
Belcan is the largest supplier in the state of Indiana for technical services that include R&D, engineers, designers, drafters, Information technology, and many other technical professional disciplines.
New to reliability and safety, I learned to complete FMECA reports as well as fault tree and correlation analysis. As contractor for Rolls-Royce, my day to day tasks required adaptability to the most urgent needs and included the following tasks:
- Generated and completed FMECA development for assigned projects which included: YJ102R; TI56 Advance Hawkeye; and RR500 Aircraft and Helicopter engines in compliance with DO-178B and DO-254.
- Completed mathematical calculations to determine correlation analysis of FMECA entries with Fault Tree high level entries
- Adapted to immediate business needs and contributed to software derived requirements analysis and other tasks as assigned to meet team deliverables