Now you can Instantly Chat with Adam!
Adam is a dynamic software consultant with 10 years of industry experience in software development, testing and technical support. He has a passion for learning all things tech with a focus on development.
Technical competencies include:...
Data & Analytics
Programmer and Application Specialist
Programmer and Application Specialist
Languages: C#.NET, VB.NET, MSSQL Server, T-SQL, ADO.NET, ASP.NET
Frameworks: MS Visual Studio 2008 – 2012, MSSQL Server Management Studio 2016, and SAP Crystal Reports
- Adding new functionality to a broad spectrum of existing applications to help with day-to-day operations for processing donor dollars collected by campaigns via United Ways across the country.
- Source code was written in VB.NET and C#.NET with MSSQL DB.
- Donor Management Software – Andar 360 (3rd party app) – modifications to data in MSSQL DB.
- Providing technical assistance to users in the operations of new and existing systems.
- Programming and analysis to automate and improve operating processes, capture and report information, automate modeling/forecasting routines using SAP Crystal Reports in C#.NET
- Feasibility analysis of new products to update old systems while adhering to the fiscal budget.
- Populate reports for donor allocation funds for all United Way campaigns nationwide using Crystal Reports in C#.NET
Provide Payroll Deduction File to Government of Canada’s Phoenix payroll system comprised of all donors signed up for E-Pledge as part of the GCWCC (Excess of $9.0 million)Show More Show Less
Programmer/Analyst - Department of National Defense (Military Command Software Centre)
Languages: Microsoft Visual C++, Oracle PL SQL, T-SQL
Frameworks: MS Visual Studio 2010 - 2015, MS SourceSafe, MS Team Foundation Server, SQL Navigator, Codejock XTP Toolkit, PeopleSoft
Under supervision of the lead Solution Architect:
- Develop new features for an HRMS wrapper for Oracle PeopleSoft called Monitor MASS in Visual C++, Codejock XTP (GUI), Oracle PL SQL and T-SQL for stored procedures, triggers, and functions associated to new and existing C++ coded features with an emphasis on error handling.
- Used an iterative software development approach (quarterly releases) due to Royal Canadian Navy ships docking at various times.
- Support in the beta testing of client application modules.
- Acted as second level support for Canadian Armed Forces L1 organizations.
- Log defects with respect to non-conformance based on application requirements to the System Manager.
- Test bug fixes before implementation on DEV, STG and PRD environments.
SkillsMicrosoft Visual C++ Oracle PL/SQL T-SQL
Web Developer - International Development Research Centre (IDRC)
Frameworks: Drupal, MS SharePoint
Under the supervision of the lead Web Developer and Communications Liaison:
Migrate content for various pages from existing SharePoint site to new Drupal site
Verification of all migrated content.Show More Show Less
Application Software Developer
Software Application Developer
Frameworks/Tools: Eclipse, SublimeText, IBM Lotus Notes, IBM Domino Designer, Yellowfin Business Intelligence Reporting, NGINX, Backbone, Redis, ElasticSearch, Git and Travis CI
- Involved in daily scrum meetings using an Agile software methodology
- Performed code reviews for pull requests submitted by team members using Git
- Developed applications by following web and UI design principles and customer requirements via user stories agreed in requirements gathering meetings.
- Used an Agile SDLC methodology by providing iterations of the application throughout the entire process with client feedback.
- Ran scripts via LotusScript and IBM Formula Language for scheduled maintenance and emergency client fixes.
- Transformed NoSQL .nsf formatted databases in Lotus Domino Notes to relational database tables via Java agents in MySQL. Configured client report dashboards using Web Service API calls to YellowFin BI. Administrated client BI instances with User and Group custom ACL.
- Integrated SSO into client apps adhering to client requirements using SAML 2.0.
- Collaborated with Data Analysts to construct DB Schemas for client historical data via ETL scripts.
- Developed custom software using Node.js, with Backbone.js, and Express.js frameworks. Searching capabilities configured in ElasticSearch. Unit tested via Mocha.js. Caching via Redis contained in PostgreSQL DBs. Applications deployed to various environments (STG, UAT, PRD) using NGINX in Docker containers.
- Referenced Jira Kanban boards to make architecture changes to base product.
- Source code pushed to GitHub repositories using Git.