Now you can Instantly Chat with Fayaz!
- Outstanding IT professional with 18 plus years of experience coupled with strong technical skills in C, Pro*C, Sql, Unix shell scripting , Unix and Linux. Expertise in Telecom, Electric and Retail Domain.
- Designing Solution Blue ...
- Designing Solution Blue Prints (SBL) for complex customer requirements and projects with a track record of reliability, scalability and durability.
- Proficient problem-solver who envisions business and technical perspectives of different situations and develop workable solutions.
- Motivated achiever who applies technology to business needs, provides added value, and creates project deliverables in a timely manner.
- Possessed with excellent professional as well as interpersonal skills and adaptable attitude to the changing needs of the organization.
- Capable of working independently or as a part of a team and handling tight situations efficiently.
- Strong in the complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements definition, design, Development, testing and implementation.
- Experience in Designing and developing software simulators for machines and devices using C.
- Strong Knowledge on TCP/IP programming using C. Development of client and server applications on Linux systems to transfer data using TCP/IP protocol.
- Knowledge on UDP protocol programming using C. Development of client applications on Linux systems to receive and process data from machine using UDP protocols.
- Strong Knowledge on Soap, Rest calls (curl) with XML and JSON using C.
- Design and Development of applications to interact with various third party software / Devices.
- Experience in integrating with third party software tools and libraries.
- Extensive experience in developing backend components with Oracle using Pro*C.
- Migration of 32 bit systems to 64 bit systems.
- Strong analytical capabilities, problem solving and creativity.
- A vast experience in application Support, maintenance, Problem management and enhancements.
- Post Production support and knowledge transfer to users and team.
- Very Effective liaison with customer and external stake holders.
- Very well recognized for producing robust solutions within deadlines and very well versed in the managing the Systems Development Life-cycle both individually and in team projects.
- Extensive knowledge of Retail store domain.
- Working experience in Waterfall and scrum.
Albert Heijn Stores
Albert Heijn Stores
Albert Heijn is the leading food retailer in the Netherlands with a chain of about 1000 stores in Netherlands and also has stores in Belgium and Germany. There are around 25 huge POS and Back Office applications that support and run store and point of sale functionalities. My Role was that of an Information Analyst, POS team leader, Developer and SME. My role and responsibilities were
- Work closely with business, Architectures, Security and third parties to design and develop solution blue prints for change requests and projects.
- Create change requests for innovations, enhancements and business interests.
- Provide estimations and timelines for various t-shirt size change requests and large projects.
- Create technical designs of change requests and projects.
- Review change requests, Design specifications and intake reports.
- Develop software simulators for devices, hardware and third party applications.
- Develop applications to interact with third party devices using TCP/IP and UDP programming.
- Developed applications to communicate with third party servers via https using soap and rest calls.
- Exchange of data between different servers in different formats like Ascii, Binary, XML and JSON format.
- Worked on integration of different applications on different platforms.
- Develop and maintain graphical applications for POS systems using Perl with GTK.
- Develop and maintain POS Sales Software with integrated business logic and requirements.
- Used pro*C to process transactions carried out on POS systems to oracle database. Used C and Pro*c to transfer item related data from database to POS systems via back office.
- Worked with semaphores and IPC message queues between different applications.
- Migrated 32 bit applications to 64 bit applications from Debian Jessie 8 to debian Linux 9.
- Knowledge of developing roll out plans and responsible for pilot and Mass roll out production activities.
- Perform root cause analysis of issues of complex nature and provide robust solutions and fixes.
- Execute high impact and complex incidents.
- Induction and training to new team members. Transfer Knowledge and groom team members.
Customer Information and Billing System (CIBS) was designed to cater to the requirements of BrihanMumbai Electricity Supply and Transport Undertaking (BEST). The system handles all the processes starting with the consumer filling up request for supply, approval/rejection of consumer's application, consumer complaints resolution, meter reading, billing and payments handling. My role and responsibility was of
- Requirement Analysis and solution designing.
- Work closely with customer for Case Studies of business rules and translation to system requirements.
- Provide estimations and timelines for implementation of requirements.
- Software design, development, enhancements, Testing and maintenance.
- Development of multithreading applications using Pro*C processing Electric meter readings and Electic bills.
- Unit, system Testing and integration testing of developed components.
BSNL Billing and Accounting
BSNL Billing and Accounting
BSNL is one of major telecom service provider in India with millions of customers. BSNL uses Trichur and DOTsoft packages to automize its commercial, billing and accounting procedures. My role and responsibilities were
- Implementation Maintenance and Troubleshooting of TR billing and accounting application software at various BSNL branches.
- Implementation Maintenance and Troubleshooting of DotSoft billing and accounting and commercial application software at various BSNL branches
- Generation of Telephone bills for customers.
- Development of data conversion and upload applications. This application will read meter reading from tapes, cartridges and spool drives downloaded from exchanges (type: CDOT, E10B, OCB, WLL). This data is usually in non readable formats like BCD, BINARY, EBCDIC, HEXA which is converted into readable format text and then uploaded to the database where after it is used for generating bills.
- Development of Customer Detail Billing application. This application is designed to provide the subscribers of BSNL with the details of their telephone calls at any time. This software also provides BSNL with the call analysis for chosen dates and times. It helps BSNL to settle the cases of overbilling with the subscribers. This software collects data (written in different codes and formats) from the tapes, cartridges and spool drives in telephone exchanges, converts the same and presents desired reports.
- Development of Barcode Generation application. This Application is designed to prepare and print telephone bills with barcodes. The bar codes are then used to punch payments into the system using hand scanners.
- Development of Offline Payment Uploading and Processing. This application is developed for TRGATE machines used by BSNL for offline payments. The offline payments are transferred to server, processed and uploaded to the database where after it is used for processing bills and payments.
- Demand Notes transfer from commercial data to TR data integrated with TR billing and accounting.
- Internet charges liable to ISDN lines integrated with billing and account package.
- Interest liabilities of BSNL to customers integrated with billing and account package.
- Lucky draw systems.
- Used sqlforms 3.0 to create front end screens for user interactions.
- Used sqlreports 2.5 for generating reports.
- Train BSNL employees about the applications and usage of different modules.
- Perform unit , system and integration testing on the developed components.
A huge migration project where back office servers were changed to 64 bit OS from 32 bit OS. All platform dependant applications and objects were identified and changed to adapt to the new platform.Show More Show Less