Now you can Instantly Chat with Nataliya!
I am currently a senior studying computer science at the University of California Berkeley, which is the #1 ranked computer science program in the United States. A combination of formal education and extracurriculars have given me experience in le...Show More
In this project I implemented a version-control system that mimics some of the basic features of the popular system Git. Mine was smaller and simpler.
A version-control system is essentially a backup system for related collections of files. The main functionality that Gitlet supports is:
- Saving the contents of entire directories of files. In Gitlet, this is called committing, and the saved contents themselves are called commits.
- Restoring a version of one or more files or entire commits. In Gitlet, this is called checking out those files or that commit.
- Viewing the history of your backups. In Gitlet, you view this history in something called the log.
- Maintaining related sequences of commits, called branches.
- Merging changes made in one branch into another.
Pintos Operating System
Pintos is a simple operating system framework for the 80x86 architecture. It supports kernel threads, loading and running user programs, and a file system, but it implements all of these in a very simple way. In the Pintos project, I strengthened its support in all three of these areas. I also added a virtual memory implementation.Show More Show Less