Now you can Instantly Chat with Prakash!
Here is a summary of my profile along with my resume-
I am a Engineering graduate (Computer Science & Engg) 1993 passed out
from Bharatiar university,India.
I have over 26 years of experience in IT.
I have worked in com...
I have over 26 years of experience in IT.
I have worked in companies/institutes like IIT Madras,Kale Consultants(Banking),UBS
(Union Bank of Switzerland) Singapore,Wipro Technologies(BFSI),Fidelity
Investments,ING life etc.
My earlier experience includes developing softwares in
In the later part of my career I worked as a DBA/Architect.
I have 14 years of experience in database administration, having
significant experience in Administration, Installation, Configuration,
Upgrade, Monitoring, Performance Tuning, Backup & Recovery, Disaster
Recovery on Sybase System 12.x and MS SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012.
I have worked in Singapore, USA and UK for many Multinationals like Singapore Telecom,UBS,IBM,
Fidelity Investments,Lyolds TSB ,ING life etc.
I have 5 years of experience as a Database Architect using Microsoft SQL Server.
- Expert Data Architect
- Possesses deep technical expertise in database design and
consulting experience utilizing an agile delivery
methodology using SSIS
- Full SDLC and Data Modeling experience
- Knowledge of dimensional modeling
- Ability to create both logical and physical data models
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Mentors and develops junior staff though knowledge transfer
- Knowledge of SQL Azure
- Performance Tuning in Cloud (SQL Server Azure)
- SQL Tuning and Database Performance Tuning
- Solution Design and POC
- Datascience using R programming
I am well versed in development of application systems using C, Visual
At present I am working as a Project Advisor at IIT Madras.
Project: Information’s Services, UST Global, Sr. Database Architect, (Apr 2010 till September 2013)
Information Services of UST global takes care of all IT needs of the company like network, OS, database and hardware. It has got a Service desk and also 24 X 7 production support operations. It also has got an Information Management team which caters to the needs of various departments like HR, Payroll, Resourcing, Sales Force, Finance, Accounting etc. Besides this it provides dash board reports to CIO’s, CEO’s, Account Managers and PM’s to track and monitor health of projects across all business units in UST.
- Function as Database Architect with 20 senior software engineers involved in various enterprise applications including analytics application, design & architecture of the enterprise database.
- Involved in evaluation of products like IBM Information Analyzer and IBM Meta Data workbench.
- Manage L3 SQL Server DBA, SQL Server Best practices for PMs, SQL Server Performance & Tuning, SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008 Upgrade plan, SCCM to CMDB integration, Database Modelling for Software Asset Management Database, Database Architecture review, Interacting with Stakeholders like Finance Head, HR Head etc; Consultant for Integration team
- Focus on escalation management, solution design, people management, mentoring & coaching in addition to fine tuning of Elien BPO database for performance, database archival solution for Elien DBO application; encryption solution for People Soft Database
- Appreciated by Program Manager of IS for successfully troubleshooting performance issue in the Production Server resulting in reduction of average CPU utilization from 100% to 60%.
- Played key role in development of Database archival Solution for BPO database and fine tuned the BPO application Elien for optimum performance
- Developed a POC for SQL Server Encryption Solution for People Soft Database
- Performance Tuning of SQL query for Information Services
- Troubleshooting application for slowness for Information Services
- Troubleshooting slowness in cloud application for G4S
- Troubleshooting timeout issues in the application for Information Services
- Troubleshooting tempdb log full issues for KPMG
- Database tuning on Sales Force MySQL Application
- Technology used: Windows server 2003, SQL Server 2005, SQL Server 2008,MySQL 4.1
Project Advisor-IIT Madras
Project Advisor- Ocean Engineering Department
The centre for Industrial Consultancy and Sponsored Research (IC&SR) was set up in the early seventies to
promote interaction between the Industry and the Institute. Today, the centre for IC&SR is an independent section of the Institute, headed by a Dean. Over the years, this centre has played a vital role in bringing together the people from the Industry and the faculty of the Institute resulting in important contributions to design and development in the country.
Woked as a Project Advisor in Ocean Engineering Department responsible for end-to-end delivery of projects.
Responsible for design,development,testing,Implementation of GIS(Geographic Information System) based Land Management System for Paradeep Port Trust.
IC&SR part of IIT,as a Project Advisor in Ocean Engineering Department responsible for end-to-end delivery of projects.Responsible for design,development,testing,Implementation of GIS(Geographic Information System) based Land Management System for Paradeep Port Trust. Make and share maps and query them. This is possible with ArcGIS Online, a scalable and secure software-as-a-service hosted by Esri.
- Solution Presentation to Client
- Design and Development of Land Management System
- Import / Export Data
- Database Design
- Designing Primary Keys and Foreign Keys
- Design and Development of Reports
- Design and development of New Quarters allotment form
- Create a public domain for Paradeep Port.
- A local IP was assingned which allowed the web site to be internally visible.
- After successful completion of the test run NAT ID was assigned for external Visibility.
- Once NAT ID was assigned Domain Name was resolved with GO Daddy.
Show More Show Less
SkillsJava Server Page - (JSP) SQL .NET Core
ToolsMS SQL Server SQL Sever java
YTT Mobile Solutions
YTT Mobile Solutions Pvt Ltd ,Thrissur (August 2014 till May 2016)
Senior Manager/Project Manager- Product Engineering
YTT is a global service provider for Information Technology. It focuses on Product Engineering,Mobile Application development(Windows,Android & IOS) for applications like ERP/CRM,Restaurant POS,GPS-Tracking for vehicles,Online Media Solutions,Que Management system,E-learning etc.
One of the application YTT had developed was RouteRide.RouteRide has features for all sales activities (Invoicing/Sales Return/Receipts/Stock Rotations).This solution can be used for Market Survey,Asset Tracking etc.
Modules included in RouteRide are as follows:
- Customer History
- Customer Tracking (Using GPS)
- Routing and Scheduling
- Sales (Online through GPRS) and offline
- Accounts Receivable
- Inventory Management
- Market Survey
RouteRide can be integrated with any ERP system with miniml effort.Features/Modules can be turned off
Without affecting other working modules.
Involved in entire life-cycle of the product development like:
- Reduce development times in order to bring new products to market faster
- Achieve maximum profitability in product business and service
- Growth strategies for launch of new products and expansion into new markets
- Greater marketplace competition
- Increasing market volatility
- Product architecture
- Product design
- Integration and migration
- Data Modelling
ToolsVisual Studio (Win)
Project Manager (Team Lead)
ING life, Bangalore
Sr. Manager - IT infrastructure & Operations, Jun 2008 – Jul 2009
- Managed application production support of around 25 applications including L2 level application support & production database support of over 50 SQL Server databases.
- Led a team of 8 support engineers, involved in evaluation/driving proposals with vendors, management of internal projects & outsourced vendors.
- Liaised with development team in resolution of L3 issues, set up & documented database management procedures, standards, technical information and guidelines.
- Liaised with vendors regarding new products & technologies and led the team in resolution of production issues.
- Managed Planned and Unplanned Outages in the datacenter.
- Liaised with the Top Management & business users on progress of resolution of issues.
- Upgraded workflow management software (IBM Filenet 3.5 to Filenet 4.0) with IBM.
- Technology used: Windows 2003, SQL Server 2005, Filenet 3.5, Websphere 6.0, Java SE 6
SkillsJava (All Versions)
ToolsVisual Studio (Win)