Now you can Instantly Chat with Amit!
I have 15 years of experience in Finance and Banking domain.
My core area of expertise is IT transformations, migration, application development, end to end project delivery, Risk and quantitative analysis and people management.
I am wel...
I am a post graduate in computer science and certified as AWS solutions architect.
I have worked with some of the reputed companies in Fortune 500 list i.e. Blackrock and NCR corporation.
Please refer to my resume for more details and connect back for any query.
Responsible for architecting, designing, implementing and supporting of cloud based infrastructure and its solutions.
Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and orchestration tools
Proficient in AWS services like VPC, EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScalingGroups(ASG), EBS, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, Route 53, CloudWatch, CloudFront, CloudTrail.
Experienced in creating multiple VPC’s and public, private subnets as per requirement and distributed them as groups into various availability zones of the VPC.
Created NAT gateways and instances to allow communication from the private instances to the internet through bastion hosts.
Involved in writing Amazon Lambda to manage some of the AWS services.
Used security groups, network ACL’s, internet gateways and route tables to ensure a secure zone for organization in AWS public cloud.
Created and configured elastic load balancers and auto scaling groups to distribute the traffic and to have a cost efficient, fault tolerant and highly available environment.
Created S3 buckets in the AWS environment to store files, sometimes which are required to serve static content for a web application.
Configured S3 buckets with various life cycle policies to archive the infrequently accessed data to storage classes based on requirement.
Possess good knowledge in creating and launching EC2 instances using AMI’s of Linux, Ubuntu, RHEL, and Windows and wrote shell scripts to bootstrap instance.
Used IAM for creating roles, users, groups and also implemented MFA to provide additional security to AWS account and its resources.
Implemented domain name service (DNS) through route 53 to have highly available and scalable applications.
Maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers using Cloud Watch service.
Created EBS volumes for storing application files for use with EC2 instances whenever they are mounted to them.
Experienced in creating RDS instances to serve data through servers for responding to requests.
Created snapshots to take backups of the volumes and also images to store launch configurations of the EC2 instances.
Written Templates for AWS infrastructure as a code using Terraform to build staging and production environments.
Acquired immense knowledge with configuration management tool Chef.
Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes, and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server and managed AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
Responsible for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT from scratch.
Responsible for performing tasks like Branching, Tagging, and Release Activities on Version Control Tools like SVN, GIT.
Aladdin Risk Office is a suite of Risk Management tools that allow pro-active monitoring, assessment & mitigation of market & enterprise risks to the firm and its clients.
RPT 2.0 has the capability to provide multi-folds time series reports through a web platform.
- Responsible for designing the data layer, Cleansing and enrichment of Data required for successful implementation of the project.
- Played a pivotal role in Data Migration and Knowledge Transfer from RPT 1.0(erstwhile) to RPT 2.0(Current).
- Providing support in designing of various reports being sent to higher management and other teams for Analysis and predictions.
- Consolidation and upload of Time Series data for previous Financial Years for successful running of the beta
- Working closely with US/UK teams at the rollout of RPT Platform to Third Party customers, hence enhancing to needs of outside Investment Banks.
As to next step post migration and setup of reporting capability at Gurgaon. Their standardization was undertaken. Under it, few very high visibility reports were systematically transitioned to new mandated BLK platforms in PERL, BIRT, Tableau. Here close to 60 different MS-Access legacy Databases and other individual processes assisting at the generation of 250+ different frequency reports were migrated to Aladdin platform (Perl/Sybase/BIRT/Tableau).
Further, under this project we revamped the architecture to centralize approach of all the business data that removed most of the manual efforts and provided an effective, robust and accurate data to process the final reports.
In later staged facilitated upgradation of existing system architecture and migrate the same into Aladdin (Blackrock in-house developed Java/Sybase platform).Streamlined all necessary documents and Code Repository Management (CVS).Per received estimates, this complete project leads to several million savings annually (details confidential).Show More Show Less
Software Architect This project focuses on considering the quarterly performance of portfolio with undertaking risk. Closely working on the prototype of this model which incorporates short term and medium term risk through various risk models (BEFRE, STROM), info ratio, 3 years annualized performance and expost risk. Solely responsible for creating prototype which shows these dynamics to risk managers and also to BLK Senior Management committee on monthly basis.Show More Show Less
- Over eight years of experience to designing analytical process with Bloomberg-AIM/FactSet.
- Implement Bloomberg Asset and Investment Manager (AIM) API with BlackRock Aladdin Platform.
- API provides real-time position management and portfolio analysis, enabling portfolio managers to measure a portfolio versus a benchmark.
- Provide end of end solution and risk profiling of mandate portfolios
- Fetching data from multiple data sources like csv, xml, excel and translate data into BlackRock Aladdin platform.
- Writing test cases with execution steps and desired results which performed by end user.
- Creating data pipeline of multiple stages and turned into a daily night job to smooth process
- Identify and implement solutions that provide automation and integration with the Blackrock Risk platform called Risk and performance reporting.
- Process re-engineering and transformation which result reduce FTE.
As system expert provide training and training material to underline team resourcesShow More Show Less