Now you can Instantly Chat with Richard!
Innovative, multi-disciplined Electronics Circuit Design Engineer (Analog/Digital Hardware, Software, Firmware) with extensive experience in the design, test and qualification of electronic systems and components for aerospace and...
- Electronics Hardware Circuit Design, Simulation, Analysis, Verification and Qualification for Aerospace, Industrial and other Hi-REL applications.
- Design of Digital to Analog & Analog to Digital Interface and conditioning circuits
- Circuit design and development of embedded microprocessor/microcontroller/DSP/DSC based applications. Examples: Texas Instruments TMS320F28335, Freescale (Motorola) PowerPC 603 & 750, MPC565, 68000, 680x; Analog Devices ADUC845 & ADUC7026; Microchip PIC16F182x, PIC16F877, PIC16F84A, dsPIC30F601x; AMD 29050 RISC; Renesas R7FS7G27H2A01CBD.
- Schematic Capture; Design and simulation (Altium, OrCAD, DxDesigner, Ki-CAD)
- PCB/PWB layout (Altium Designer, OrCAD, PCAD, PADS), assembly, test, bring-up, debugging.
- Design and development of embedded test software/firmware (C/C++ Language, Renesas Synergy, Bascom BASIC).
- SOC firmware and software development for MicroBlaze soft-core (Vivavdo, SDK, VHDL)
- Design, develop and simulation of embedded logic (Vivado, VHDL) for FPGA and CPLD.
- Design and development automated test software (LabVIEW, Visual Basic, C/C++).
- Develop Acceptance and Qualification Test Procedures from contract requirements.
- Perform failure analysis to determine root cause, and issue Corrective Action Reports.
- Process analysis to identify problem trends, improve yield and verify compliance.
- Create software tools for analyzing test data results to improve yield and identify trends.
- System level integration and debugging of line replaceable units (LRU) and related cabling.
- Develop test fixtures, jigs and rigs to test sub-assembly units (LRU).
- Design/development of Power driver circuits (up to 600V/50 amp) and power supplies
- Test Development for Hi-REL product acceptance/qualification/environmental-stress testing
- Expert Troubleshooting and Rework/Repair (including the smallest surface mount parts)
- Proficient with Laboratory Equipment: Logic Analyzer, DMMs, O-Scopes, soldering/hand-tools/cabling/fixture-building
Networking & Security
Too many small projects to list
Over the past 25 years I've worked on a variety of projects that made my employers lots of money. But I don't recall them.Show More Show Less
Duties: Circuit design and development the operating software for oxygen gas analyzer products (ATmega2561). Design and develop the hardware for gas analyzer products. Design and develop both hardware and software for an embedded platform using Renesas Synergy (S7G2 microcontroller). Employed Renesas Synergy to implement a real-time-operating system (ThreadX). Implement color TFT display with touchscreen control, Ethernet, USB (host and device), SD card, Wi-Fi, RS-232, RS-422/485. PCB design and development using OrCAD PCB Editor (an Allegro product). Develop mechanical fixtures, bezels, brackets and PCB mechanical envelopes using Solidworks 2010.Show More Show Less
Duties: Develop LabVIEW software for automated test equipment used for temperature compensation and calibration of pressure transducers used in commercial aircraft avionics. Development support utilities using C Language using Visual Studio. Product circuit design, development and analysis. Design and test for EMI/EMC compliance in aircraft avionics. Programming ASIC devices for product calibration. Schematic capture, PCB/PWB layout, Board bring-up, Prototype development. Heavily used technologies include the use of: RS-232, I2C, 1-Wire communication, OrCAD, SMTP messaging, network file sharingShow More Show Less
SkillsSMTP PCB Programming C Language
Duties: Fault analysis per DO-254 for the Airbus A400M winch motor design for design verification and validation. Develop validation test procedures. PCB layout and schematic capture using Altium DesignerShow More Show Less
Duties: Electronics hardware circuit design, verification and qualification for Aircraft Landing Systems (avionics for Airbus A400M). ATE H/W & S/W development (LabVEIW) for support ground support equipment. Embedded software development for the purposes of hardware testing. Schematic capture, PCB/PWB layout, Board bring-up, Prototype development. Design of DAL-B compliant logic to comply with DO-254. Heavily used technologies include the use of: RS-485, RS-232, SPI, I2C, ARINC-429, 4th order butter-worth filters, OrCAD, DxDesigner, MATLAB, ADC, DAC and many more. Design to comply with specifications: DO-254, DO-160D, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-1275, and others. Test Fixture development using LabVIEW 8.6 (GUI) and C Language (embedded code).Show More Show Less
SkillsC Language GUI LabVIEW