Now you can Instantly Chat with David!
- Information Systems Specialist with more than 35 years of experience designing, developing, and implementing cost effective, high-performance applications and systems to meet challenging business needs.
- Accountable for successf...
- Accountable for successful implementation of new applications and enhancements, constantly exceeding customers’ expectations.
- Extensive qualifications in all facets of applications development life cycle, from initial feasibility analysis and conceptual design through testing, documentation, implementation and enhancements.
- Extensive qualifications in analyzing user specifications and planning and designing innovative solutions to automate business processes.
- Analytical problem solver; strength in designing systems and applications across multiple platforms, to ensure optimal integration and information access.
- Organized, take-charge professional with exceptional follow-through abilities and detail-orientation, able to plan and oversee multiple projects from conception to successful conclusions.
- Proven ability to adapt to challenges and changing environment.
- Loyal, diligent professional with strong work ethics, drive and ambition.
- Performed analysis on ad-hoc requests prior to creating said ad-hoc reports for Business areas utilizing COBOL, VSAM and or IDMS as well as CICS where necessary
- Researched and resolved root cause issues arising from the Cycle Reports
- Developed necessary code for DBA on request
- Gathered and translated data into written narratives for Federal and State Agencies
- Mainframe architecture and applications.
- Analysis of existing modules for future enhancements; determining which modules were active and had not been decommissioned; was instrumental in working with a third-party vendor to ascertain whether their product could be modified to suit a need within Fidelity’s security model; performed analysis on programs and procs that used specific files in preparation for future modifications.
- Researched and evaluated alternative solutions and recommended the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution, as required.
Show More Show Less
- Worked on Mainframe architecture and applications.
- Learned and used WSAA (WebSphere AssetAnalyzer), and also Channels and Containers, a new methodology within CICS V3.1 TS (Transaction Server). Channels and containers is a way to circumvent the 32K limitation CICS has of passing data between programs and applications.
- Analyzed an application to application interface which had the capability to transfer vast amounts of data between applications and plexes. My role was to determine whether Channels and Containers could be used and if so, develop a Technical Solution Design for the appropriate programs.
- Many hours of development went into the project with prototype programs being developed. The Interface could route a transactions request between an AOR and a GOR, an AOR to another AOR, or from an AOR to a GOR then via MQ to another AOR on a different Sysplex.
- Developed a method and a suite of programs to test this interface repeatedly and as a tool to be used for future enhancements.
- Analyzed, developed and implemented new Contract Conversion System, utilizing CICS/COBOL.
- Utilized MQSeries to create the interface between SQL Server residing under Windows NT and IBM Mainframe.
- Interfaced extensively with MQ Administrators to ensure stability between CICS and NT regions.
- Credited with developing and implementing a conversion process to migrate data from an existing TU system into an MS Access database.
- Designed MS Access database to allow Actuarial Staff to analyze and standardize policies.
- Interfaced extensively with users to determine discrepancies between systems and define conversion data.
- Created new file layouts and reports.
Show More Show Less