Now you can Instantly Chat with Tim!
- 8+ years of Full-stack software development experience
- Leadership experience with design, development, and delivery of successful web products
- Strong ideation and prototyping ability and creative passion for great user expe...
- Strong ideation and prototyping ability and creative passion for great user experience.
- Experience working with clients and senior managers closely to turn prototype ideas into products
- Motivated self-learner with experience in Agile Development (Scrum) for Enterprise Web Application, user experience design, and mobile application development
- Experience working with Docker, Drone CI, Jenkins CI, Ansible, and Vagrant.
- Extensive cutting-edge development experience with HTML5, J2EE, and various Mobile SDKs
- Experience working with private cloud server, Amazon AWS, Googe Cloud and Git/Gthub.
- Enjoys team environment and loves to work with people from various backgroundsShow More
NYTimes Microfilm Reader
I was the lead engineer on the project
• Joined NYT TimesMachine project as the first full-time developer
• Improvised on many aspects of product engineering that required creative solutions
• Collaborated with UX designers to realize a collective product vision from mockup to finish
• Adapt different technology solutions to unique problem domains, ranging from Python, Mapreduce, Node.js, to React.js
• Built the Timesmachine Reader V2.1 - "Plasma", with new design and a load speed boost up to 2x faster.
• Built the automated NYT TimesMachine Publisher, an advanced Python newspaper map tiler application customized for robust parallel execution at scale on Amazon MapReduce clusters
• Latest Timesmachine Publisher can tile 100 tera-pixel newspaper scans/4 minutes on 460 8- core EC2 clusters for 3.6+ million scans.
• Created a marketing monitor tool with Node.js to track sharing about Timesmachine across different social media and internal content distribution channels. It is able to handle N number of data sources and process data streams in real time.
• Created a bookmarklet for viewing Timesmachine article as a JSON document. • Implemented CI pipeline with Jenkins CI and Ansible configuration, along with required bash scripts.Show More Show Less
Newtopia Mobile Web App
Newtopia Mobile Web App
Developed React.js Architecture and components for the cross-platform mobile Web app based on React, Redux, D3, and Webpack
The project is re-write a complete Backbone-js based application to React .
- Collection of re-usable UI components to enable rapid prototyping by the team
- Mobile cross-platform support
- Responsive demo web pages
- Adoption of e2e tesing suite to improve product qualityShow More Show Less