Now you can Instantly Chat with Chaka!
Python developer with extensive Django experience, also with docker and Ansible. 10 years with C++, 10 years with Python... Show More
Certain software projectshttps://github.com/zuluman10
Certain software projects
Cigna consulting project
Working on data engineering on a large scale. Performed data validation prior to ETL between Oracle and Teradata. Developed tools for address cleansing for data placed in landing zone.Show More Show Less
Updated Django 1.11 application, using Python 3.5, connected to PostGRES database
- Updated Django 1.11 application, using Python 3.5, connected to PostGRES database. Consumed API data from government site to provide SOLR documents consumed by front facing PHP site to provide data used by congress.gov. Used Python 3.6 “black” tool and flake8 for code validation prior to checkin to git. Unit tests were written using unittest and unittest.mock.
Developed Ansible scripts run from Docker containers for Django app.
- Developed Ansible scripts run from Docker containers for Django app. Django 1.11 app run using Python 3.6 within Docker container using Docker Compose was designed to kick off Ansible scripts used to provision virtual machines managed by VMWare vCenter. Ansible scripts were written according to current best practices.
Developed VueJS screens related to scoping tool used by media group for internal contract scoping.
- Developed VueJS screens related to scoping tool used by media group for internal contract scoping. Developed code using Vagrant CentOS 7 box, running Node.js.
Updated Django 1.11 application connected to PostGRES database
- Updated Django 1.11 application connected to PostGRES database. Modified code used as backend to mobile app used to track real time situation response image data for police and military. Used Websockets, XMPP, Django Channels, Django signals on CentOS 7 to update backend for use in scaling system.
Show More Show Less
Developing XML lexing and parsing support for translating heterogeneous billing system output into usable input for our system,
- Developing XML lexing and parsing support for translating heterogeneous billing system output into usable input for our system, allowing the core translation system to integrate new customers into the Billtrust billing engine. User interface development involves ensuring look and feel of statements, and invoices satisfy all requirements. MySQL is used as the primary backend for configuring and maintaining status of batch jobs executed against the core software. IronPython is used to interface with a .NET core platform, providing Python hooks used to implement customer logic requirements. C# code provided by the merged company is translated into IronPython logic to control the business process and to support integration into our core system. SVN is used as the configuration management system. Business processes include open balance billing, pass thru processing, statement and invoice output, and electronic/print routing configurations. All development performed on the Windows platform.
Assumed responsibility for enhancing and stabilizing major components of the Python tablet-based online voting system
- Assumed responsibility for enhancing and stabilizing major components of the Python tablet-based online voting system that enhanced the recording of all transactions through the House and Senate chambers. Redis was used for recording transactions, and for signaling consumers during votes and roll calls. AngularJS version 1 was used to update the main panel as votes changed, and when speakers requested speaking time. Implemented Continuous Deployment utilizing Jenkins to internal virtual environment. Utilized ActiveMQ for message transfer between website and document conversion application. Communicated with backend using a REST API provided by the third party whose code we inherited. Utilized Puppet to configure Vagrant instances used as test box prior to deployment to our virtual dev environment.
SkillsAngular.Js Python REST
Designed, developed, tested, and implemented front- and back-end enhancements
Leveraged Agile process and JIRA issue management tool
- Leveraged Agile process and JIRA issue management tool to track the Sprint cycles. Built interfaces based on designs, reviewed screenshots with business partners, developed functionality, and rigorously tested features with internal QA team and business users. Iterated on QA and Production releases, partnering with Business Analysts and management to make sure customer requirements were satisfied.jira
SkillsJira Testing Framework