Now you can Instantly Chat with James!
Innovative, quality-driven Senior Clinical SAS Project Leader, Consultant, Developer & Software Tester with 20+ years success directing program development, data warehousing & validation/test analysis initiatives in highly competi...
- Effective project manager, facilitator and communicator with a sound understanding of overall business objectives, and the skilled use of technology to achieve them.
- Recognized for exemplary dedication, going well beyond job scope. Assume complete ownership of all projects, with a strong commitment to quality and client satisfaction.
- Proactive problem solver, devising solutions that fully support the bottom line and long-range goals. Catalyst for continuous improvement who readily adapts to evolving business and technology challenges.
- Career highlights include:
- Mass Mutual, United Healthcare, Aetna, Quintiles & others: Optimized processes, communication, efficiency & performance, by managing program/system conversions & upgrades, SAS program/report development, testing plans and Data Warehouse/Website development for key clients.
- Bristol Myers Squibb: Led team in developing over 100 programs to support a BMS clinical study, as well as 300+ listings & tables for Clinical Data Managers/Medical Monitors to review. Praised for numerous contributions & leadership, with original 6-month engagement extended to 2 years.
- United HealthGroup: Uncovered over $100MM in additional claims with improved crosswalk coding techniques. Also built a Data Warehouse for regularly used data with high-speed access capabilities.
- State of CT: Built multiple critical systems (Web-based SAS Clinical Information Client System, Online Claims reporting etc.), slashed the number of SAS programs from 1000 to 100, reduced report turnaround time from weeks to seconds & cut data gathering/repeat problem resolution time from 6 weeks to 5 hours.
- General Electric: Championed build of a Consolidated Service Desk that cut call costs 7%, produced annual savings of $150K and dramatically boosted customer satisfaction.
Data & Analytics
- Produced over 100 SAS programs remotely from Clinical STDM datasets (CDISC) for QBAN (India) use. Directed 14 developers (7 in India and 7 in America) in creating all programs from scratch.
- Developed master program driver for 7 Developers in America. Read/used ECM XML files for all programs.
- Devised/maintained programs supporting data management/validation/entry, statistical report generation and program validation. Used Sharepoint for document updates.
- For Data Management/Biostatistics, boosted process efficiencies by creating new tools & techniques. Completed project on time/budget by communicating proactively with multi-disciplinary project team.
- Worked remotely with teams from India & England to develop requirements, transfer data from 73 studies weekly for SOCSPRO, CDISC and CSDW (after QC to client), create 44 offline listings, 44 datasets for the listings & 20 specifications. Slashed late transfers by 85%. Systems included SAS 9.2, Citrix, UNIX & Enterprise Guide.
ToolsVisual Studio Online
- For Novartis’ Oncology Department, skillfully wrote 32 STDM (CDISC) SAS programs from scratch, working remotely after developing requirements.
- Subsequently created 32 STDM datasets with ADAM analysis datasets & completed 42 courses for this leading Pharma company.
Show More Show Less
- Extracted data from Teradata to build insurance datasets that enabled users to create reports.
Developed SAS Enterprise Guide projects, collaborating harmoniously with other remote team members in a UNIX environment. Frequently worked extra hours to ensure projects were delivered on timeShow More Show Less