Now you can Instantly Chat with Michael!
· Over 4+ years of experience as a DevOps Engineer in Automating, building, deploying and releasing of code from one environment to other environment.
· Expertise in designing and developing Jenkins deployments.
· In depth understanding of the principles and best practices of software configuration management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
· Working knowledge of branching and merging code lines in the GIT and resolved all the conflicts raised during merges.
· Used GIT as version control system for applications and managed development streams and Integration streams.
· Managing GIT which includes creating new users and writing some pre commit and post commit scripts.
· Experience in working with version control systems like GIT, and used source code management tools like GitHub and Gitlab.
· Extensive experience in using MAVEN as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (jar, war) from source code.
· Good knowledge on using Artifactory repos like Nexus for Maven builds.
· Hands on developing and executing Shell scripts.
· Ability in executing of XML, shell scripts.
· Implemented continuous integration and deployment using CI tools like Jenkins.
· Experience of working with release and deployment in java/j2EE, and web application environments.
· Worked on configuration management, change Mgmt., Incident Mgmt., problem Mgmt. and release event Mgmt. to integrate existing IT services and components.
· Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS).
· Experience with Amazon AWS cloud creating EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, Autoscaling and S3.
· Experience in working with various configuration management like Ansible.
· Knowledge of databases like MySQL, Oracle and IBM DB2.
· Ability in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging / deployment / release methodology and application configuration.
· Experience in installing, configuring, managing, tracing complex build problems, release issues and trouble shooting skills.
Excellent experience in designing, documenting and automating the build and release process.Show More
MSD Informatics 2.0
- Build and deployments of java applications in pre-production and production environments.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using SVN, Jira.
- Used GIT, SVN in creating the packages, snapshots, branches and tags for developers in version control.
- Administrated all aspects in GIT and troubleshoot with merge conflicts.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with Apache
Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Web sphere Application Servers.
- Worked on weekly merges for different branches and resolving the conflicts as part of release activities.
- Implemented rapid-provisioning and life-cycle management for Centos7 Linux using Amazon EC2, Ansible, and custom Bash scripts.
- Worked closely with software developers and Devops to debug software and system problems.
- User, Group management for all the UNIX servers.
- Implemented continuous deployment system with Jenkins.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Ansible, and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Trouble shooted Build and Deployment Issues, with little downtime.
- Installed, Configured and Maintained CentOS Linux.
- Created Virtual Machines by utilizing AWS EC2 and configured security groups to restrict Inbound and Outbound access.
- Automated backups by shell scripting to transfer data in S3 Bucket.
- Setting up and administering DNS system in AWS using Route53.
- Focus on continuous integration (CI) and deployment, promoting Enterprise Solutions to target environments.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Implemented Continuous deployment (CD) push button deploy using Jenkins.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins.
- Built and supported Development, Integration, Staging and, Production environments.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off build for different environments.
- Automated the apache installation and its components using Ansible.
- Troubleshooted the issues related to connectivity and low response times of applications on EC2 instances.
- Written programs using XML and excel sheets using Python.
- Setup Jenkins push button deploy to integration, staging and, productions environments.
- Installed and configured HAProxy load balancer to route the traffic between application servers.
- Managed Server configuration through Ansible Playbooks.
- Created Server Build Playbook from the Scratch that does Tomcat App Server Installation, Nagios Agent Installation and App Deployments through Ansible Tower.
- Involved in Designing and Implementing host level migrations
- Troubleshooting and performance tuning of various systems problems such as application, network and hardware related issues.
- Involved in Agile process, by-weekly Sprints and, daily Scrums to discuss the progress.