Now you can Instantly Chat with Stanley!
I have experience in a variety of applications ranging from Finance, Banking, Retail, Manufacturing and Y2K compliance analysis. I have designed and developed Databases, data-warehouse based reporting applications and Interfaces and have b...
Top skills: DB2 SQL, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, Unix Shell scripting, Cognos Impromiptu Reporting, SAS Programming
Experience: Mainly worked in the Data Warehouse environment. Created scorecards and worked on databases for various applications. Created database models. Created ETL scripts to extract/import data from other systems into the data-warehouse/database and also creatd scripts to export data to other systems using 'SCP' or SFTP protocols.
Data & Analytics
Unix & DB2 SQL Developer
- Developed Unix Shell scripts and Perl scripts for performing the indexing and storing of documents on the CMOD (IBM content manager on Demand) platform based on various retention periods and reconciliation requirements.
- Independently participated in Business and LOB requirements and design calls to develop solutions for eReporting projects.
- Created Definitions for applications/application groups/folders and storage sets for the CMOD platform.
- Created Change Records and Service-Now tickets to debug/test/deploy applications to PAT and Production.
- Created DB2 SQL scripts to extract metadata to test/debug issues with CMOD ingestion.
- Used SQL scripts to extract test data from the DB2 archive database for client verifications.
- Worked on storage of large amounts of data (Terabytes) in DB2 and SAN TSM filesystems.
- Worked with TIBCO mailboxes for the file transmissions from other data streams into the eReporting environment.
- Scheduled jobs in SIT/PAT and PROD environments using Autosys.
- Contributed to all stages of SDLC in the concerned projects.
Show More Show Less
SkillsUNIX Shell Scripting
- Supported Enterprise Wide java applications for group insurance benefits for various clients.
- Handled the JIRA tool; created JIRA issues to be worked upon by other depts. Worked on maintenance issues as reported in the JIRA tool.
- Worked on minor enhancements and customizations of web projects, meeting clients’ business recommendations and requirements.
SkillsJava (All Versions)
IT Solutions Developer
· Customized the ECRR application by updating Base SAS and .xml code as per TD requirements. Completed the M1-Upgrade for all the SAS environments in Testing and Development. Interfaced the SAS application to the Hadoop ETL application.
· Created/tuned complex SQL queries, stored procedures, functions, and triggers using Oracle PL/SQL for ECRR.
· Created Tables, Views, Materialized Views, Constraints and Synonyms in the Oracle database for the reporting database. Fine-tuned SQL & PL/SQL queries for faster performance. Created ETL processes using shell scripts, to uploaded lookup data into the reporting tables from flat files. Supplemented the ETL functionality with Base SAS programs.
· Used SAS Web Report Studio to report from the Materialized views.
· Updated and maintained Base SAS programs pertaining to the ECRR application according to the Bank specifications. Actively supported SAS back-end scoring jobs in the test environments, during and after work hours to support Business needs.
· Worked as a Backup to the Environment Administrator in Managing and supporting Pre-Production Instance and 6 Development instances of SAS 9.4 in the development and test environments.
Show More Show Less
Sr. Programmer Analyst
- Created the DB2 database, SQL queries and Cognos reports in the DataWarehouse environment for the menswear scorecard to report on the sales of the menswear dept. at Corporate, Region, Store and Associate levels. Worked as level 2 support analyst for the menswear scorecard in production.
- Managed the spec-gathering and code enhancements in the EstimateRecorder project to send emails regarding the Daily Sales to the Sears Leadership team (SLT) to help them make informed decisions on strategies to increase sales.
- Led a team of 3 programmers in the support & development of the Electronics Scorecard in the Data warehouse environment to report on the Sales performance of the Electronics Dept. Coordinated the database development, SQL queries and Cognos Report creation at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels. Actively supported back-end running jobs in the production environment.
· Worked as the Lead Developer for the Beauty Advisor Scorecard project in the Data warehouse environment. Mentored 3 developers. Created SQL scripts for data transformations. Created ETL processes using shell scripts, for import and export of data to external applications. Actively supported Beauty Advisor Scorecard back-end running jobs in the production environment.
· Deployed the Java based ‘Sears Beauty Registry’ application into staging and production environments. Coordinated efforts with other technical groups and the business, to get the infrastructure set up and get the application tested under various load conditions. Created various support documentation (Fail-over, etc.) for support purposes.
· Worked as the Lead Developer (code and database schema) for the Java-based DASG (Daily Associate Sales Goal) project. Helped to track and fore-cast sales for various depts. on a daily basis. Designed the Online and Card Swipe processes. Mentored two junior programmers.
· Designed and developed the ACES data model database schema for capturing customer survey inputs. Used ETL processes to send data to the vendor for the telephonic survey. Created Random functions in SQL for probable customer selections for the survey.
· Designed and developed the J2EE based Sales Flash application to create a snapshot report of the sales of all the stores at the end of the day and email the reports to BlackBerry phones of the Sears Leadership team (SLT) of the various depts.
· Designed and developed the database DDLs for the Templates applications for education and measurement of associate performance at the stores. Helped store-leads to grade and select the appropriate training for the associates based on performance. Created reports in Cognos at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels to track the associate performance. Actively supported back-end SQL and Unix Shell scripting running jobs in the production environment.
· Designed and developed the database and SQL queries for the Performance Scorecard in the Data warehouse environment. This helped capture/track the sales of the furniture dept. for all the stores. Created various ETL processes using shell scripts for import of data from other applications to be fed to this application. Created reports in Cognos at the Corporate, Region, Store and Associate Levels. Worked as Level-2 support for back-end running jobs in the production environment.
· Developed & supported the entire UNIX back-end server batch jobs for the Retail Promotional Planner (RPP) application using UNIX, C, DB2-SQL, Unix shell scripts.Show More Show Less